View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
I don't get to read all the posts, so I did not see this one way back then.

Hello subicrossersgrl and you are very welcome to the Network!! No doubt with a Dad like Jerry you already know more than a thing or two about the SVX.

and....

and....

and....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

We just got back yesterday from 4 days of listening to old rock-n-roll , loud cars and tires frying!

Amie's SVX was too new to make the cut, so we took the 47 Dodge pick-up.

On her birthday, I put a lawn chair on the truck bed and hauled her all over the fairgrounds. All the people that knew her came over and gave her a hug.
Flash, the pinstriper has done a t shirt for her every year since she was 1. This year, it has a 32 ford coupe street rod coming straight at you, with " 16 YEARS" across the top.
The 440 has been de-tuned to run on pump gas for so long that I had forgotten how much fun it really was. I stopped at the local speed shop and picked up 5 gallons of 110 octane and set the timing back up.
On the first pass, it coughed a little, then burned the tires for over 175 feet!
The croud LOVED it! (There were about 1000 people in the stands)
I went through 2 sets of tires in 2 days. They were dry rotted, but had almost new tread. I only made 6 passes total, but they were 'smokin' to the end' runs. SVXfiles son rode along on the last trip! We only burned them for 185 feet.
Since the truck will be painted this winter and it was our 35th year for the show, I handed out majic markers to everyone and had them 'sign' the Dodge. I counted 200 signatures on the front end and drivers door. No doubt, the final count will be in excess of 700! I will take pics of the truck from all angles and put them in another album. I did it 10 years ago and had the album with the truck so the people could look for their name!

We came home sunburned, tired, smelling like tire smoke, but VERY HAPPY!
When we got all the gear stowed, coolers unpacked, etc, we settled down to watch a movie and eat some birthday cake!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry