View Single Post
Old 05-21-2001, 08:56 AM
Tired

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Jimi, that is a typical part that seems to give way in an SVX. If you do a search on the message archive at the top of the page, you'll find all kinds of advice and stuff on this part. Perhaps even a part number (can't remember). Most people who've had this part break have been told they'll have to buy an entire new regulator arm. SVXjazz is one who has replaced this part. You might try e-mailing him directly. There are others who have "manufactured" the part with aluminum. The scans I have don't show that part. I'll try to find it specifically. Meanwhile, do the search. I think it'll be loads of help.
Hi Jimi,
Yeah… Randy is right. Subaru can't order that part by itself. They have to order the whole cable system and window mount! If you look at your cable you will notice a small square notch. This notch fits inside the small white plastic piece that you had pictured above. The small white plastic piece then fits into a square hole in the window frame just below the window. The plastic piece is basically a connector from the drive cable to the window so it can go up and down. Just make sure that you don't mess with any of the pulleys. If the cable goes off track then you will most likely have to buy a new set-up.
The way I fixed mine was to line up the notch on the cable to the mounting hole (for the white plastic piece) on the window frame. I then found a small piece of scrap metal. It was about 1/8 thick and about 1 ˝ rectangle in shape. I then attached this piece onto the window frame, over the hole where the white plastic piece was located. I placed the piece of metal over the notch on the drive cable. The main goal was to attach the drive cable to the window frame so it would raise and lower the window.

I hope this helps.

Paul

1992 LSl (Black Mica)
1965 Mustang G.T. Fastback
1990 Mustang G.T. Convertible
1986 1/2 Nissan 4x4
2004 Vovlo XC70 (wife's)

Wonderful Wife
Wonderful Son
2 Cats

Incredibly blessed!