View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Holy ish, a fellow May-nah!!! Welcome aboard!

Since the more seasoned members have chimed in with the tech and auto-x stuff, I'll stick with some Maine info, save for one thing. I would agree with Pockets, the SVX would not be my first choice for auto-x. I really only have my XT6 to base a comparison on, but I would take the 6 over the SVX anyday for auto-x. It's far more agile, relitively cheaper to maintain, and can be had with a stick more easily if thats what you want. But for everyday cruising, the SVX annihilates most anything else in it's price range.

As for the Maine scene, there really isn't one for the SVX. Though there are several Maine members on this board, Wiz and myself are really the only active ones (and I haven't even seen Wiz around in a while, for that matter). Most every SVXer I've met from Maine has basically had the "Meh, it's just a car, and your a zealot" attitude. But, if your seriously interested, Charlie's in Augusta had a '92 (or maybe it was a '94 )ast time I was there for about $4K, but that was a while ago. It did need a few things, but nothing major. I searched for one in Maine for about a year before I went to Jersey to pick mine up. There's just no decent ones around here. I live in Oakland, and work in Pittsfield, so if you'd like to check mine out this spring when I pull it out of the garage, I'd be happy to swing through Skow-town with it sometime.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)