Thread: Headlight Bulbs
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by THAWA

Yeah, I guess I'm not done then. Good to see you didn't even bother to research anything about the bulbs before trying to contradict me. You could argue that my calling them "crap" is an opinion but you can't argue that they are a good bulb. Read the facts and then try to explain why they're a good bulb: http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/...blue/blue.html instead of just going by what you think you know. You are only going by your preception. That is a qualitative measurement. You're letting your checkbook influence your brain. Congratulations, Silvania's marketing plan worked on you! To suffice Silvania Silverstars are not good bulbs.

Seriously though, I give up. You guys can do whatever you want.
maybe YOU should read the facts. per danielsternlighting.com:

"It took Osram-Sylvania, Philips, and other major-name bulb makers quite a bit of research and development to produce blue filters that would not drop the bulb output below the legal minimum while still altering the appearance of the operating headlamp enough to appeal to consumers after a "whiter" appearance to their headlamps........
There's no conclusive evidence that the type of light produced by this sort of bulb actually allows drivers to see better than the type of light produced by a regular, clear bulb. And there've been no studies on the effect of this type of light upon seeing and glare in bad weather, for instance. Can you see better with this sort of bulb? Perhaps, and perhaps not. Some people seem to think so. But what if that's exactly the problem — they think they can see better than they actually can?"

are they worse that regular bulbs? no. blue-coated ebay crap may be, but Silverstars have some technology behind them. are they "better"? probably not. i happen to like the way they look on the car and the road. so i spent an extra $20 to get bulbs i'm happy with - i think my wallet will survive this massive expenditure..

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)