View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Paxton71

16 and buying a car.

Wow, when I was 16, I could never afford a car like the SVX. This thing may eat you out of house and home. Even the little things add up.

*goes into the way back machine....*

OK, You want something different, cool, that chicks will dig. It should be fast, or at least SOUND/LOOK fast! *laughs*

In all those respects, the SVX is perfect for you. But, then comes the price of keeping it running. Example: I have to replace 1 225/50ZR16 tire... 131 bucks. On my VW bug, $100 got you all four tires. Tranny repair/replace? You could buy an entire Honda, and a pretty nice one at that. Wheel bearings every 30,000 miles maybe? cha-ching. Shoot my toyota truck has the original bearings all around @ 213,000 miles.
The SVX runs on hi-test fuel and isn't a milage machine. Fuel costs are pretty high these days.

You won't win many street races in your SVX. Every high-school-hot-rod camero is gonna dust you. (unless there is a corner involved.)

In conclusion....maybe you are loaded and can afford to keep these things running. If not, consider some other cars.

Oh yeah, and the back seat is WAY TOO SMALL for a highschool kid with a car! *laughs*