View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Re: Clutch Binding, I know its been a problem :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Same as Tom says above, it can't hurt to flush [but not power flush!] the system and replace the ATF. Like him I suspect it will still be binding after the oil change.

The 4 tires are meant to be and supposed to be EXACTLY the same. Even though you are non-mechanical it is unreasonable to be trying to shake down this problem while using unmatched tires on the rear.
Replace the two on the rear with the exact same as are on the front. Or buy 4 cheapos all the same.

Then, after all those tweaks, if you still have a problem, you will be tackling Solenoid C like the guys say.

Joe

When Joe says exact same, he means it. You have to be careful with the amount of wear on the tires as well as the make. That is, if the front 2 are worn, and you put on 2 new ones on the rear, same problem as having different ones...match the front as close as you can...my money's on buy 4 new ones. You guys in the States have some great tire prices!
(My car was binding, changed out the fluid, it went away for 6 months - until the front diff blew.)

Cynthia
05 Mazda 3 (Hubby's DD)

"You win some, you lose some, you wreak some." Dale Earnhardt