View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 12:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Just an Observation (very OT)

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
I'm sitting here listening to the "war" news. Iraq is mad at us because THEIR people are looting THEIR country.......... US media is blasting the Military for not preventing the looting (maybe by shooting the civilians that we went in to protect in the first place?)

Saddam had 13 or more years to hide WMDs and the world is mad because we can't find them in 24 hours after the shooting has died down a little?.....

Does anyone else get the feeling that this was a no win situation from the get go?

I'm proud of our actions over there regardless of the Media reports! Even if there are no WMD!

Did anyone notice how quickly North Korea changed their tune ....

Here's hoping we don't have to do this again anywhere.
Yeah, Mitch, I hear you. I was listening to NPR last night and Dick Gordon was broadcasting live from Iraq. He was interviewing curators, researchers and other staff from the libraries and museums that were hardest hit by looting and other destruction. I can't believe how many people believe that we're intentionally destroying Iraq's culture. Absurd. And you're right - what are we supposed to do, shoot the people burning down the Iraqi national library?

I am deeply saddened by the loss of the artifacts, works of art and manuscripts lost in this disaster, but it's not hard to figure out whodunnit.

As for finding the WMDs, I think it's important that we bring the UN inspectors in. Now that we have free reign over any facility we want to look at, we should be able to point those guys in the right direction. That way, hopefully, we won't be accused of planting anythign we do find. Without the inspectors (and probably with, but to a lesser extent, I think) we're just asking to be accused of putting anything we find there ourselves.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE