View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 06:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
No hanging about

Am against hanging for the reasons stated above. DNA is a good, really good tool, but it is statistical rather than infallible.

Ron says we are against vengeance. I'm not.

Starting with the victim's family and out into society, we need vengeance and retribution.

Nowadays in this forked tongue PC world, we call it "closure"

If we exclude the death penalty, the next most severe penalty is life without parole.

I reckon this could be made more severe if we wanted to. In the case of people convicted of crimes aginst humanity[to be defined] and antisocial behaviour like pederast murderers and serial killers, we could order a full lobotomy as well.

It would still cost the state the same as keeping the perpetrator under max security for life. In fact, it would cost less, as security would not need to be so rigid.

Also, it would wreak some vengeance on the family of the evil one, they would lose contact with the killer, just as the victim families lost their loved ones. Society would be safer, if motivation was removed.

And don't tell me it would not be considered as a deterrent!!

Joe
PS I know it is not reversible, I am presuming the cases are totally proven, it would only be used against the worst scum.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl