View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: ECU tune Transmission control unit?

No, although the pcb is the same the components on it are not so it can not be used as an SVX tcu. Also the firmware for the SVX is different than for the legacy so you can not install the SVX chip and then use it in a legacy either. The TCU hardware and firmware must match and match the car they are being put in. I could pull the firware off a legacy TCU easily enough but I don't have a legacy to drive so I'd be hard pressed to develop shift maps for them unless there is some obvious deficiency that could be clearly expressed to me for me to modify and give to someone to trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
I have an extra TCU, but it's out of a Legacy Turbo... I'm guessing that the difference in the TCUs is the logic in the ROM inside, since it has a different part # than the one for my SVX, my question is, can I buy the chip and install it in this TCU and have it work, even though it's not technically an SVX TCU?

Also, I bet if you made chips available for other Subarus, people over on the USMB, and Legacy Central would be interested, it's worth a try... I know I'd be intrested in one for my wife's turbo legacy...

I'd also be more than happy to go to the junkyard and harvest you some TCUs, I know where some SVXes are too...