View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Well I am warming up the asphalt mixer and getting ready to possibly start paving away. I have talked to Wiseco, Ferrea, Pro-Port Heads (geniuses, let me tell you), Gasket Works, and I am calling DeltaCam tomorrow. The way things are shaping up is that I am going to get 99.5 bore pistons made from Wiseco, A&D machining is going to bore the block out and balance and micropolish the crankshaft, Pro-Port is doing a race-grade p+p job staying at the stock size for valves ( at his reccomendation ). That will give me a good start and also a higher CR (estimate increase from the p+p is about .2 and the increase from the boring is ???) Ths pistons will be designed to take these gains into consideration and keep (with help from a head gasket from Gasket Works) the CR around 10:1. I still need to talk to Deltacam and discuss springs and cams with them. I am thinking about keeping the stock valves and retainers and just doing the springs. Valves are very expensive about $45 each (45x24= ). That's were things stand now. I haven't pulled the motor yet and probably won't for another month and a half. In the mean time I am going to be doing a lot of question asking and listening while I assemble a shopping list and a to-do list.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5