View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX-FF
Mine was kicking code 37 and 32 when my timing belt was off by a tooth or two. Have you noticed any power loss? You will not hear a difference or for that matter feel a difference if you drive normal. I drove for almost 6 months with a timing belt out of timing before I figured it out. Gas milage is big sign. What are you getting for mpg?

Steve

the only code i'm throwing is 32. the gas milage is about average and it's gone 6 months now without throwing any codes. when i bought the car it was showing 32 and 37 so i had the dealer put in new o2 sensors and the passenger side one they put in was bad out of the box. they put on another one and it's been fine till i did my brake band and now it's code 32 again. the light didn't come on yesterday at all and only once the day before. does the computer just stop setting off the light after so long? something i've noticed both times now is when it first registers the code the light comes on a lot and as the days go on it comes on less and less. it was running super strong but i think the computer has learned now(had the batt disconnected for brake band) because it's running pretty crappy now compared to usual. from what i can figure this car eats o2 sensors left and right from what i read. i'll switch them when i get a chance and see if it switches to a code 37.i've never play with many ohc engines and i'm very intimidated about removing the front cover and doing the cam timing if that is the prob. so i'm gonna investigate all i can before i go there.