View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 01:13 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Re: FS: The legendary 1996 “svxcess-polo”

As an addendum to this post, just wanted to note that this car was in my possession from May 22 to June 5, 2022. When I picked it up it had 137,957 miles, returned with approx. 138,134 miles. During that time, I (in chronological order):

• Deep cleaned the interior using Leatherique and steamed the HVAC system;
• Removed the wheels and took them to Radial tires in Silver Spring, MD to have a new set of Vredestein Hypertracs mounted and balanced;
• Replaced the brake rotors and pads with slotted rotors and Akebono pads provided by John;
• Fully detailed the car. This involved removing the wipers, wing and license plate, three step polishing using Menzerna and Rupes polishes and ceramic coating of the exterior, door, hood and trunk jambs, and top and bottom of wing with GTechnique Crystal Serum Light and Exo;
• Engine oil change using provided Mobil 1 Euro Car Formula 0W-40 with Bosch 72158 long oil filter and LubeGard Engine Protectant;
• Removal and replacement of radiator with AMR aluminum unit and new upper and lower silicone radiator hoses and new clamps, along with replacement of thermostat and gasket with OEM parts, provided by John;
• Retrieval of wheels/new tires from Radial, cleaning and ceramic coating of spokes and outer and inner barrels of wheels along with center caps with GTechnique Wheel Armor. The license plate and exhaust tips were also cleaned and coated at this time;
• Car reunited with a very elated owner as of June 5, 2022 at 11:32 am.

Since that time, I know John drove to the Reading Meet last year, but I do not think it has done a whole lot more; I would estimate that all that work has about 3-400 miles on it. For those interested, hope this helps to give a much better understanding of what has been done to this car recently. It should also be noted that, whilst cleaning his interior, the front seats had minor staining that would not come out. We replaced them with another set in better condition on June 4, 2023.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele

Last edited by svxcess; 08-16-2023 at 02:17 AM.