View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: HIDs: Highest lumens @ what temperature colour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siceclipse View Post
if HIDs are illegal and you still want them, i would recomend getting a set of 35w 4300/4500K.

they look like a bright STOCK colored bulb.
almost like you have your high beams on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSVX View Post
Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for... HIDs that look like halogens but kill the halogens in brightness.

The only down fall in the headlights is how light reflects into the high beam part of the headlight as you can see in my pics

From what I've seen in my car, the projector lenses have a cut off line to stop light from pointing up in to uncoming traffic but can someone please confirm this for me!!!

Thanks, Jordan.
So-called "daylight" fluorescent tubes have a temperature that emulates daylight, usually 5500 or 6000. Noon daylight temperature equivalent is around 5500. any HIDs between 3500 and 5500 will be "warm" i.e. they will appear to be yellowish with little of the blue tinge that is the give-away.

I agree with sieclipse; the 4500 Ks will give you loads of light, but will not have the blue tinge so they will appear like very bright halogens.

Regards the cut-off in the projector beams, this ability to cut clean is the reason HIDs are illegal here in anything other than a projector lamp. Reflector lamps have poorer control, and the beam will produce glare that will reduce the visibility for on-coming drivers.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl