View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 05:13 PM

UPDATE #2!

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko
Got mine out in about 3 minutes this way.
Well, once I removed the Drum-assembly I was able to push out by hand both ABS sensors with ease. I guess I got lucky on this one. Thanks for the tip though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
Then just take the whole mess (knuckle, hub and bearings/seals) to the machine shop.
Dear Beav, thanks for the great deal of info. I did take the whole mess to the machine shop as instructed but when I went to pick them up I got some bad news. Apparently I was given the wrong seals from the autoparts store. The seals I had wouldn't fit properly. The worst thing is that the Machine Shop is closed on weekends so I will be down until monday. I will pass by the autoparts store tomorrow morning and get the right ones. I have one quick question, what is that small arm that's hanging on the right side of the first pic at the top of this page?

Well, I will keep you updated. In the mean time, please enjoy a new clip I made with my neighbour that shows his "technique" to repack bearings without using any tool: as usual, please Right Click - Save As...

Regards,

Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)