View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Post engine swap troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Any suggestions for something specific?

Yea, it's smoking too much to drive it without getting pulled over I think. I don't know how often they pull people over for that, but my brother got a ticket when his 240 was burning a massive amount of oil due to a turbo leak as well as running super rich due to no tune.

I'm thinking to try some kind of stop leak stuff as well as a thicker oil and see if that helps.

I know you're usually supposed to be able to replace valve stem seals with the engine in the car but is that doable with an EG33 in the SVX? I'd rather not have to pull the engine again.
That is a great question, I would say anything with the heads is going to be tough.
As to what exactly I do not know for sure I remember marval mystery oil was decent at getting into all places and helping seals expand but you better read the bottle to know for sure.

As to driving it around, try this seafoam says put 1/3 of a can in the oil and drive for about 500 miles, well I would not drive that far in any case but I know seafoam will get in everywhere and help seal so put just about half the can, not quite though, let it idle up to operating temps then slowly rev to 1k and hold for 5 mins after that take it for as long of a drive as you think you can get away with, 1 mile if you can.

shut down til completely cool and repeat.
3 times then change oil. Do not use thicker oil as you could cause bearings to not get enough lube and that would not be good.

Last edited by 92 SVX; 06-02-2011 at 09:34 PM.