Thread: 2007 Camaro
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
The base Camaro will be equipped with the 3.9L V6 making 300hp (that's right the V6 will be making as much power as the current Stang GT). The Mid level car, which enthusiasts hope will carry the name Z28, will pack the LS2 V8 with 400hp. The top model (almost definetly called SS) will carry a slightly detuned LS7 making 480-490hp. GM seemed to be considering going with a supercharged LS2 to make about the same power, but this idea appears to have been abandoned with GM now mass-producing modified oil pans for the LS7.
Lutz talking about the LS7 rings false, IMO. They're not going to have a Camaro w/ more power than the base Corvette at a lower price point. Just won't happen; the Corvette's gotta be the top dog. It just sounds like something he said to spark more interest in the concept car. But I would be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong... Anything to keep the horsepower wars going.

And by the time that they deliver the '09 Camaro, the design will be as bland as the Mustang is now, not to mention being late to the retro party. I doubt retro will still be the hot trend it is right now in 3 years.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The DOD they plan to use on the Camaro concept is gonna be one sunuvab!tch to bypass for performance upgrades. Kiss that easy horsepower goodbye unless you can bypass or eliminate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
The suspension is finally up-to-date, fully independent, and transmissions will be a 4-speed auto on the 6, a five speed auto w/tapshift or a 6-speed Tremec on the V8's.
If they go fully independent and put IRS on it, it better be halfway decent, unlike that half-assed excuse for an IRS on the Mustang Cobras.