View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX
Re: Stuff that can/will break when replacing vacuum lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
The iris valve is about all that breaks if done properly and carefully. Also, all of the parts will be special order and therefore non-returnable, or will be a 10-25% restocking fee depending on your local dealership.
OK, good to know. The IRIS valve is that little check valve marked as #8, right? And OT sells it on his site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Just a thought, I have had very good success fixing broken plastic things with Epoxy Putty, if you do break off a nipple you may want to give it try. This is the product that I have.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...d=0CJ0BEPMCMAY
Awesome! I didn't know of such a product. I'll go buy some before I pull off my manifold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
Please refer to the scans I put together of the entire USDM parts catalog.

The thread (link below) that has all of the information has been made a sticky a little while ago to stay at the top of the "General SVX Babble" section of this forum.

All part numbers with diagrams for US SVX cars from 1992-1997 can be found in these scans.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60770

Also.. the attached jpg is a summary:
Thanks for the link to the thread! I found that chart earlier in the Vacuum Line Replacement PDF in Icing's torrent, but it didn't list any of the solenoid or check valve part numbers.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)