View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 04:07 PM

Re: Wont start sometimes, but starts if I jiggle shifter.

O K I just adjusted this very thing so I'll give it a shot. On the tranny there is a lever that selects each gear including neutral. There on that lever is the neutral switch, so the neutral switch has to be adjusted to the tranny switch so they both have neutral at the same time. Clear as mud??? Well its not to bad to adjust, under the car on the pass side of the tranny is this lever, its conected to the shifter via a cable/rod, this has adjusters on it back by the driveline, more mud??? I sort of went crazy for a little while under there till I had the wife in the car while I was under there adjusting. So I put the shifter in NEUTRAL, so the N light on the dash is lit(important) we had to move the shifter slightly forward or back to get this, key in the on position, then adjust the adjuster till the tranny also is showing NEUTRAL, 2 clicks from PARK. PARK is all the way to the rear of the tranny, the neutral switch on the tranny can be adjusted to the gear switch of the tranny, more mud??? So what you are doing is adjusting the shifter with the tranny switch/ neutral switch. When its all good the car will start in park or neutral, if this is an adjustment problem this will fix it. Good luck with your problem, hope this helps and did not give you a headache, Cheers.....................G
94legacywagon"whinny"
84Brat"huey"
92svx"samantha".pearl
92svx"sabastian"4.44 silver
92svx"sabrina".ebony
05legacy gt limited "Moon" blue.
06 Subaru legacy gt limited.