View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 AM

Re: Another old low mileage Ebay car

Funny, I kinda like the SVX because it looks like a sleek fastback coupe, like the 93 Probe GT that I used to have, with the SVX having AWD and a more powerful 6-cylinder.

I do like the blacked out roof and fully-flush glass more than the A-pillar-only roof treatment of that Celica or the Probe. I also like the black-roof Acura NSXs over the all-body-color versions.

I especially like yours, RedLightningSVX, a black roof over Barcelona Red looks absolutely fantastic.

That Toyota is probably quite rare. I don't see many of that body style anymore period, let alone All-trac Turbo, beyond the fact that this one has less than 10k Miles. My wife used to have a Corolla GT-S, and I have had an eye for the SW20 MR2 Turbo for a while... but this ebay car is far rarer than both.

My big question is... where are the new cars like these?

Ford has no Probe or Mazda MX6 anymore
Toyota has nothing anymore, let alone as interesting as an all-trac turbo anything.
Subaru hasn't built coupes in the current century.
Acura NSX is dead, and so is it's replacement, as well, and Acura even killed the RSX, and Honda S2000 never came as a coupe, and it is going away, as well.
There is the increasingly ugly RX8, if a rotary appeals to you, and the styling doesn't put you completely off... The chassis is a pretty good one.
The Diamond-Star-Mitsu cars are gone, as are the 3000GT/Stealth. Current Eclipse is a FWD non-consideration, aside from being hideous.

There is the rumored Toyota/Subaru coupe project, based on the Impreza/BL Legacy, but nobody has even seen a design concept so far, and it is probably at least 2 model years off yet.

Hyundai Genesis, Nissan Z, and G37 seem to be the only real players under BMW's price point, and not a retro-tastic Muscle car, or a front-drive econobox.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 04-16-2009 at 09:40 AM.