View Single Post
Old 06-03-2001, 02:49 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Memphis "Micro" Meet

Just got back from Memphis at 2 this afternoon, took the dog out, fed the bird, had some soup and caught up on posts.

Had a wonderful time with Leo (1994subaruSVX) and his beautiful wife Marcella (?sp). I came back with my car loaded down with all kinds o' goodies. The wheels are ten times better looking than mine. I can't wait to get them on, but, need to find a paint match for the caps first (svxcess, do you have that paint number for the light colored aluminum wheels?). I also have front and rear struts ready to be put on when the current ones begin to fail. Along with a few other little goodies that Leo was getting rid of.

I was treated to an excellent lunch, then, we did the wiring upgrade on Leo's car, then, he let me drive it -- WOW! Much faster than my poor, pitiful AWD car. Very responsive. The "lowered" look with the Enkei's and bright yellow calipers makes the care look lean and mean (or should I say leaner and meaner). The exhaust sounds a little "ricey" (don't worry, I said it to Leo in person, and he didn't send me home, so, it didn't make him mad ).

We hung out the entire day, and I don't think I could have found a nicer couple to spend a day with. Of course, it was like Leo said: "we've never seen each other, but, I know you." That tends to be the general concencus when SVXers from the "boards" get together. I just hope I didn't make to bad of an impression, since my head was actually twice the size it usually is, due to a "over doing it" at a co-worker's going away get together on Friday night.

Again, Leo and Marcella. thank you for your hospitality. Hope to do it again sometime. Come visit us!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI