View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 07:04 PM

Registered SVX
Bully for the Cowboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
No Bull.

I like it Trevor, I like it!

Joe, only yesterday I was looking at some TV news footage covering a local rodeo. A clown had shielded a contestant who was senseless on the ground, from the hooves of a one ton bull which had thrown him. The huge bull, a regular competitor for the bovine team, was known to circle around as part of his tossing tactics, hence the continuing danger.

This bull riding I have witnessed at country shows confirms the true nature regarding bulls and men. How bulls are not all that dangerous unless provoked and even then can be managed. The guys riding are real sportsmen and even the bulls appear to have fun and are certainly not molested. These guys tackle real bulls, with balls.

My point is that the TV footage unfortunately brought Spanish bull fighting into my mind, and as always once again I felt sick in the stomach. Here I am not allowed to express my unrestrained feelings regarding this truly horribly cruel game. The participants should not be on the same planet as rodeo cowboys.

How grand it would be to see an uninjured bull have a fair go against a bastard matador, with only a couple of unarmed clowns to protect him.

Regards, Trevor. *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!