Thread: Light Knock
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
Light Knock

Ok.... So here is one for you old timers Just picked up a new SVX last weekend and it seems to be a good car, but I was hopeing for some input on a few problems.
The car is a 94 Laguna Blue with 125,000mi. It seems to be in decent shape, but I have next to no info on service history It has a 4.44 swap done by svxfiles thats about 2 years old.
Problem #1. There is a light knock at idle. seems to come from arround the oil pan, but goes away arround 1200rpm. Do you guys think it is a rod berring, seeing that crusing at 75mph = almost 4000rpm. Or do you think that it is the oil pump? what should the oil pressure at idle? Also the engine seems to idle ok, but it shakes alot. That could just be bad engine mounts though. I cheacked the plugs, they looked good, but look like the origionals.
There were 3 codes stored in the ECU, but have not shown up since cleared. #32 right O2 sensor, #22 knock sensor right side, #56 EGR system. Do you think these could be related? This leads me to my next question.
Problem #2. All the bolts on the right side of the intake are loose, and the 2 closest to the EGR port were backing out. What is the torque specs for these bolts, and could this have been related? Should I now replace the gaskets? I should also add that I was having some problems with the MAF, but I seem to have got that sorted out.
Any help appreciated.
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L