View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 06:46 AM

Re: re: NH mechanic?

Quote:
Originally posted by strange179

Hi Undertaker, Good to see more NH members here. What part of NH are you looking for a mechanic in? I'm over on the eastern side of NH in Rochester. I guess I'd need to know what sort of work you wanted done before I could say if I knew a mechanic who I'd recommend. I do pretty much all of my own work so I don't get a lot of experience with mechanics.
Good to have you here,
Jay
Thank you for replying. I meant in general for repairs as my SVX is a daily commuter and I have things every year that crop up that need reparing and it just get so expensive, and sometimes time-consuming. I would be more comfortable if I knew of a mechanic that knows the SVX intimately and can do repairs properly the first time, without it costing me more than it needs to.

Right now, it sounds like I need my first bearing replacements done, as there is a lot of sound coming from the passenger side rear wheel. I have read that this can be a real problem in the SVX especially for a mechanic who is not familiar with it. I am not very educated on doing repairs myself.

I live in south western New Hampshire (Monadnock Region) and commute to Manchester every day. For a job as important as this I would not mind traveling.

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

thanks.