View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Being from a Forester it is probably highly likely the final drive will be 4.44, but I stress you need to verify this before you buy. There will be the additional cost of getting the rear diff or diff internals to match.

The easiest way to know would have been to see if the shifter in the car it came from has the same pattern as the SVX has, that would indicate a 4EAT installation. Remember you are possibly going to want the rear diff from that car to match, so it would be good if the shell was still around to see the shifter.

If you can't refer to this then you will need to check with Subaru main dealers which auto gearbox type was fitted to the 2001 Forester. If you do a search for Joe Spitz Seattle he may have a page on Foresters.

Joe
Im going to call the guy today (monday) and see if I can get more info. Also there appears to be a serial and part number on top of the bell housing. I'm pretty sure that might help find out which transmission it is?

If it will then I will get that number and talk to the Subaru dealer here in town.