Thread: Koni struts
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 AM

Re: Koni struts

Thanks for all the replies on this. I had these Koni's installed three to four years ago. I did the bounce test on all four corners of the car and only the front right passenger side showed a multiple rebound affect. I climbed under the front of the car after driving up on ramps that I have and I cannot see if I even have these yellow Koni's in the car. I know they are inserts put into stock housings. How can I tell if they even installed them. I didn't watch the mechanics put them in. These housings would of had to be modified(cut) to make it work. I do have the adjustment knob for the front strut adjustment which I have used. When I first had these put in I noticed a slight amount of oil on the front upper strut mount plastic cover. I have heard if any oil leaks out the strut is shot. Can you tell if the struts are bad without having to remove them? My suspension in general feels like crap. I just had the rear upper strut mounts replaced. When I hit a small dropoff at slow speeds the car bottoms out. I think that is the front right strut causing this but not sure. I need my suspension checked out but don't know if local mechanics can analyse this car correctly. I don't trust Midas or Amoco. Any advice on this appreciated. Thanks.