View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Re: 6 Speed Buildup/Versions Recommendations

I am not sure why someone posted you can't run the 07+ transmission with out connecting the DCCD controller. I have done that on a couple cars, including my own and it is fine. Actually With the DCCD Pro controller you can set it to that any time you want. If you have the base model rolling it to the rear applies no voltage to the controller. The automatic ones you can do the same, but they do not apply voltage to the differential until the conditions are such that it is setup to do so.

The main thing you will notice witht he 07+ is that it is a little harder to break the rear end loose without the DCCD controler, however once it does break loose the rear end will slide as long as you keep power to it. I happen to have the 08 transmission in my car as I do not need the speedometer output, and I don't have to have the tranny cooler. All of our customers who have driven the 07+ love the gearing better than any of the previous year.

Not saying one is right or wrong, just trying to add a little more information to the discussion.

For those interested in the DCCD Pro controller we really like them. We used to run the Neetronics controller, but once we moved to the Spiider we never went back. For a basic street/track car there is really very little fault to be found with the Spiider DCCD Pro unit. If you are running an STi dash you might consider the top model, but functinoally the middle model is the same, just missing the ability to control the display on the dash. The base model might work for someone wanting to save a few coins, but the automatic is pretty nice and worth the extra $100 or so.

Jarrad