View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 02:25 PM
svxgal

thanks for the welcome!

Hi! well, first of all you can assume I don't know very much, so I appreciate ALL advice! thanks...My Subaru is a '92 Silver LSi. Fully equipped AWD. That's the only way you could buy them in Canada. I am the second owner, bought it in '98. It has 164,000 kms. Since I bought it I put on 60,000km of that. My father is the original owner of his Maroon '92 SVX LSi as well (low mileage on his). So you can see we love these cars! I am just not sure I can keep up with the maintenance...
Anyways, I did have a problem earlier with the Heat Shield and the dealer supposedly fixed that problem, but a diff noise came up which my Dad figured out was also related to the Heat Shield. The dealer didn't do a good job I guess. That sound was coming when the gas was pushed. That was fixed by putting a clamp to secure the heat shield in place--no cost! yippee! But this other rattling has been there for some time and I have two diff people (one the dealer) tell me it is 2 diff things. I don't believe either of them, when they can't find the real problem, they make up something to get $$. (my opinion). I think you may be right, that it could be with the exhaust. That will be my next check. One person said that when the veh was put through emissions testing something may have come loose or caught in the exhaust, which is causing this. But I did that test over a year ago.

Thanks again!