View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Im still trying to discern some point out of that. I could be crazy but didn't you just reaffirm everything i said?

I never said the SVX was the ultimate race car, i simply said that to compare it to a neon is to compare a Rolex to a Timex.

The only thing out of your post that did make sense was the comment about manual vs. automatic. But im not saying your right. This may be a stretch, but im betting your one of those "kids" (sorry to say that but mostly it is the 16-21 age group) who believes that manual trannys are always and infinetly better than autos for any kind of racing. No doubt on circle track or course racing, manual is by far the way to go. However, ask anyone who drags, i mean really races and not just for fun, which tranny rules at the strip, and they'll all tell you AUTO is the way to go. I don't care how good you think you are at driving a 5-speed, but NO ONE, and i mean NO ONE can outshift an automatic transmission. Even the SVX's relatively tempermental box can rip through shifts many times quicker than even the most seasoned racer. Go ahead, try your clutch popping method against an auto. That just amplifies the spinning tires effect that screws over the front drive cars to begin with. Not only are you dealing with only two tires to get power to the ground, now you are FORCING them to fight for traction, not even giving them a chance.

And then you say the neon is performance oriented? I shouldn't even bother with this because everyone in your age range seems to think that the Neon, Cavalier, Focus, Civic, Integra, Sentra...etc...were really designed to be race cars but because of the US's "strict" street rules, they had to be toned down?! WAKE UP!!! They are ECONOMY CARS...E-C-O-N-O-M-Y...that means they are meant to get from point A to point B as cheaply as possible. Not to do it fast, or in style (obviously), but SIMPLY TO SAVE YOU MONEY. Hence the significant difference in cost between an SVX and a NEON. Yet another reason to STOP COMPARING the two. You want a fast car, buy a fast car.

Again i apologize for having to use the age reference...but you show me a 30+ year old man (or woman) driving a Civic with Ground effects, lots of stickers and that exhaust that sounds like a turbocharged weedwhacker, and then i will consider changing my generalization.

What's with the link? It says 0-60 in 7.5 secs. That's 3 tenths behind the worst test that i've heard of for the SVX (i've heard 6.9 to 7.2). If you consider that close, i remind you that 3 tenths of a second means there is more than a full carlength between the competitors at 60mph. Hell, my mom's car does 0-60 in 7.3 secs (infiniti I30). So what are you trying to say here?

Interesting note: the Chevy Cavalier Z24 has done 0-60 in 7.5 secs since it was redesigned in 1995. Nobody's waving banners about that.

Still waiting for the part where i look dumb (or you look like you know something). Oh wait, i forgot, i'm arguing with someone who's always right...ok now i look dumb.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited by Shadow248; 10-30-2002 at 09:37 PM.