Thread: 92 Svx
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 10:37 AM

Re: 92 Svx

Checking in with mine, purchased August 2023 out of the Pittsburgh PA area and brought home to Rochester NY.

VIN: NH106040
Build date: October 1991
Current mileage: 161xxx

White LS-L with spoiler, original transmission (one rebuild, from what the prior longtime owner tells me) and replacement engine from a car with similar mileage. Only mod is a Magnaflow muffler. Story goes it was run on the highway, blew the radiator, overheated the engine and warped the heads... that was ~2008. Car sat until late 2022 when said longtime owner sold it to one of his friends, who replaced the engine (and radiator - brand new aluminum one, really nice), got it back on the road, drove it a bit, and sold it on to fund a new project.

As for plans... well, getting the air conditioning fixed is scheduled for next month, and maybe a manual swap is in the cards for late this year (after it goes away for the winter, perhaps)? Depends how funds are looking. Overall though it's a great driver and I'm looking to keep it that way. It's my first SVX and I'm in it for the long haul!