Thread: SVX spotted
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 08:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
The Lotus Espris I've ever looked at had turboed 4 bangers...big ones. That is what always amazed me about them, the fact that they had 4 cylinders in a "super" car like that.
Here is what I found from a Lotus Esprit site:

"In the 1997 model year, Lotus finally put to rest one of the biggest gripes that the automotive media had about the Esprit. It did this by introducing the Esprit V8.

Externally, the main differences between the 1997 V8 and its predecessor (the 1995 S4s - there was no official 1996 Esprit) is a new look to the front valance panel, twin tailpipe exhaust (one per side), and beautiful new AWI six spoke allow wheels. Internally, the 1997 V8 is identical to the S4s except for a small V8 logo on one of the gauges. The real difference lies under the decklid where the brand new 3.5 liter 350HP Twin Turbo engine known as the Lotus 918 breathes. "

The Esprits I'm familiar with had 3.0litre inline 4 cylinders that put out between 200 - 300 hp depending on the year.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.