View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:01 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Re: bad o2 sensor = ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd View Post
Holy cow, I pulled that same code this week for the first time on my SVX as well.

From hanging with Tom (Svxfiles) today and talking to him about the code, the O2 sensor at fault is the third one (behind the transmission). Per Tom, this 3rd O2 sensor isn't used by the ECU to change the afr, but to monitor how efficiently the first two O2 sensors are working (for emissions).

The code is basically saying that it is taking a longer time than specified for your O2 sensor to take a reading. This is probably an indication of age, but could also mean that there's a bunch of crud coating it.

Tom used an appropriate sized wrench and undid the third O2 sensor, cleaned it off with throttle body cleaner, let it air for a while and popped it back in. I'll see if I get the code again. If so, then I'll just get a new O2 sensor later on in the Spring...

-Chike
Old school bump!
Pulled this code today from my SVX:
P0145 - O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 3)

I did recently have 3 spots on my exhaust system leaking from welds when this code was active. They have since been repaired. I just reset the computer about 10 minutes ago. Will consider removing this O2 sensor, cleaning and re-installing rather than replacing. Just bumping as a reference so I can find this thread easier.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)