View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Sold my soul to Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
I think he means with the metal work to repair the dent. The bumper is easy and no big deal. The dent would require either metal work (knocking it into shape), or ordering a new panel. Plus the labour, filler, primer, paint...Plus whatever support structures would need to be beaten back into shape.

That would get expensive fast.
Thats a lot of work...I don't know if the front bumper is the same as the rear, but when I clipped a jeep driving in the sand I thought the whole bumper needed replacing, but the dealershaip said they were designed that when heated to a certain temp. the bumper reforms its orginal shape. I don't see why they would lie since I didn't pay for it and I know they gave me back the same bumper on my car because whoever had it before me drilled 2 holes in it for the front plate and those 2 holes were still there while the rest of the bumper looked immaculate....and honestly 3000 would not surprise me...there may be more wrong with it than it looks... I clipped the corner of a parked jeep doing 15-20 mph and the total damage was about $8,000!!! The only thing that kept me from driving it was the fact that it cracked my radiator