View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Chike,
If I read you right, this means that there is the chance that if you pull this same code again that one of your primary O2 sensors is "going away"? By this, I mean that it appears that the 3rd O2 sensor is there to just monitor the job the two primary O2 sensors are doing, which means that either it has gone bad or it is still good and one of the primary O2 sensors is actually on its way out.
Note: I noticed in a picture in your axle replacement thread that the leads coming out of your primary O2 sensors are different - thus leading me to believe that at least one of them has been replaced at one point in time.
-Bill
p.s. did you or Tom happen to measure the resistance on the O2 sensors while you had the car up on the lift?
Bill,

I'm not sure if pulling this code indicates a problem with one of the front two O2 sensors, as they would trip a code on their own. It just seems like something is up with the third O2 sensor that's causing it to take a longer time to get a reading.

Both of my primary O2 sensors were replaced by the dealership I bought the car from last April. I got the receipts for the replacement when I bought the car. As far as I know, they're the same, but one of the 'sheaths' that covers the wires doesn't stay down over the lower wires like the other one...

We didn't measure the resistance of my O2 sensors, btw...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)