View Single Post
Old 06-18-2001, 08:22 AM
lightning_8669

Lighthouse anyone?

Not SVX related but.....

The Wind Point Lighthouse is having one of its two open house tours for 2001 on July 1st. The lighthouse is the tallest on Lake Michigan and was built in 1888 (I think). To anyone interested, or going to be in the Racine, Wisconsin area on that date, the tour includes a climb to the top of the tower for a view of Racine (Chicago on a clear day and Milwaukee on a, somewhat, clear day). The open house is a fund raiser to help preserve the landmark (I don't know why we bought the darn thing) and adult admission is $10 and children under 12 are $5. Tours start at 11:00 AM. Reservations are required and need to be placed by the 22nd of June (sorry for the short notice but I haven't been keeping up on Village goings on lately (isn't the Village Idiot the happiest guy in town?)).

If anyone out there is interested in attending drop me an email and I'll get all the information necessary for you to get signed up. I'll try to have more advance notice for the fall tour.

It is a pretty cool thing and the attached hall is available for rent for special occasions (SVX meet?).

Now, unfortunately, I need to get back to work.