View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Lean Running on 3 Cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
Hi All,
I have a 1992 SVX throwing a code 37 (left side O2 sensor). The sensor is pegging itself at .007V, indicating an extreme lean condition. There is no fluctuation to the voltage. I’ve confirmed that the sensor itself is good (switched sensors side to side) and verified the wiring is good (voltage readings are the same at the sensor as they are at the computer). The right side bank is functioning perfectly. So my question is what would cause a lean condition on just the left bank? I pulled the spark plugs and they all looked good. I pulled the fuel injector leads off one by one, and the engine stumbled and ran poorly with any injector disconnected. I have no drivability or other issues, just a code and a check engine light. I’m planning on a road trip tomorrow evening so any ideas before then would be greatly appreciated, but more importantly, am I running the risk of damaging the engine if the problem is not fixed right away? Thanks, Cory
I don't think you have anything to worry about, for your trip. It shows no sign of being lean, just a O2 sensor code. If the ECU finds that a sensor is reading "out of limits" it will disregard that sensor and work off the other one.
If the sensor is pegged at 0.007V, it is more likely that there is a problem with the wiring on that side.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.