View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Flashing CEL after cold start

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXalter View Post
Hello all. It was -18 degrees out today when I tried to remotely start my 96 L. It wanted to go but sputtered and failed about 3 times. So I went outside to start it with the key and had to give it some gas for about the first 15-30 seconds to keep it going. After that it was able to stay running on its own, so I let it run for about 10-15 minutes and went back outside. I found a flashing Check Engine Light waiting for me.

Some background info:
I have about a quarter tank of gas (which usually means at least 6 gallons)
I have had O2 sensor #3 codes about 3 or 4 times in the past 3 or 4 thousand miles.
I also have a bad front passenger side wheel bearing which started making noise about 2-3 weeks ago.

Its supposed to get to -30 degrees tonight so I don't really want to go outside to pull the codes, but I thought I would get a jump on it if anyone here had some thoughts. Thank you in advance.
Maybe the svx didn't enjoy the temps :P

What was the check engine light for?

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles