View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:21 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Re: Where can I get a SVX Cold-Air Intake?

Honestly though if you want a "Cold Air Intake" all you have to do is open the hood and look at it... WOW, you've got one from the factory!!! It doesn't take in hot engine bay air, it sucks it in from the wheel well, away from the engine... To me, that sounds like a pretty good "cold air intake"... Now if you want a "Warm Air Intake" (you know, for keeping your engine nice and warm you could just stick a cone filter on the end of your stock housing... Hell, I've even got the adapter and filter I'll sell you for 1/2 of what I paid for it!...

Yeah, I had a cone filter on my intake for a while. The cone filter sat where the stock box does. And YES, it does make the intake alittle louder... Other than that though I noticed absolutly NO performance gains what so ever... Infact it actually became a bit of an annoyance because I had to clean the cone filter alot more than I did the stock filter (dust and **** gets in it ALOT easier than it does your stock box)...

So if you want a Cone adapter and a GreenFilters Cone filter, I'd be glad to sell you mine for, ohhh say $45... That's a pretty good deal when you consider that the adapter cost me $60 and the filter cost me about $50...

Let me know and I'll get you a shipping quote.

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...