Thread: pinstripes?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
At the shop we have the coolest damn thing ever...Its a rubber wheel. Basicly it looks like a monster truck tire stuck on a grinder, and itll rip off damn near anything that isnt paint, takes the goo off too.
Your best bet is to try to get a fingernail under one end and peel it off. If it's an old, brittle stripe, itll give you a hell of a time. mineral spirits will get the goo off without harming the paint. Just for ****s and giggles, I'd try a pencil eraser
As noted above you will probly want to compund the area that the stripe occupied to help even out the finish. Note though, that this will only even out the clearcoat, and that the paint itself under the stripe will remain a diffrent color from the non-faded part. There is nothing short of repainting that will fix that
If the stripes are painted on, try using a little lacqer thinner on a rag. Make sure not to let it sit on your paint for too long, as it *could* cause damage. Painted on striped are typicaly done over the clearcoat, and if they are done with a crappy brand paint they'll come right off
Good luck!
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten