View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Re: The prince of darkness,

Quote:
Originally posted by oab_au
Being Australian, I am well versed in the devisive ways of the Prince. Though in this case, I think he is in the clear. If the motor runs on the first 3 cylinders OK, then it is every second firing that is missing. This clears the ignition system, even the Prince can't arrange this.

I would be looking at the rear carb, has to be the cause. You can't really adjust the mixture on the CV carb, only the idle. I would check to see if the needle has dropped out of the slide, and is sitting down in the jet. If you can remove the air cleaner and look down the throat of the rear carb as you open the throttle, you can see the fuel leaving the jet. Compare this carb to the front to see if there is a difference.

All the best, on the hunt.

Harvey.
I figured it wouldn't be electrical, but, with these cars you never know.

When I remove the plugs they are wet, meaning they are getting fuel. I was thinking the charge off the coil was weak, but this wouldn't explain the first three running smoothly.

These are 175 CD carbs. I am pretty sure the mixture is adjustable using a special tool that holds the diaphragms from turning while adjusting the needle. If not, what have we been adjusting? The adjuster goes in where the oil damper is.

I have to agree that the rear carb is the problem, just have to determine what it is. I have a feeling that a rebuild may be in order.

I am a bit naive about these cars, so I may be wrong on a number of these things. Thanks for the replies folks.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock