Thread: STI suspension
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 PM

Re: STI suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
Would the stock STi suspension work with this type of approach? And would the rears install with the same type of modifications?
In the front, yes. Exact same install. Camber is in the stock position. So the tophats will bolt up just the same as demonstrated here. However in the rear, I have the adjustable plates at full negative camber and Im just shy of stock rear camber. This is due to me bolting them on the the correct factory orientation. If you were to install stock STI top hats, you would have substantial positive camber. IF you use stock tophats for an STI, you will need camber bolts installed in the uprights to correct for it. But thats nothing really considering your swapping in another suspension.

The coil weight im currently running would not be that bad IF they were a better coil.
http://www.swiftsprings.com/products...r_springs.html

Im thinking ill loose 100lbs in the front and 175 in the rear and ill be happy. But then again, I have VERY little track time with these to be certain. Only one open track day and Reno Fernly Raceway. And I was not pushing it at all. No cage, still and automatic and light in the tail. What I felt, I liked to a point. Ill know better for balance of the car once I get the cage in *stiffer chassis*, install a rear spoiler and swap in the 5mt.