View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Nick,
A few years back I too wanted a hitch for my SVX. I found it was cheaper to buy a Brat to do my towing with. It can be done. I found a place that was willing to make one but it would go on the tie down straps which show through the rear bumper. In otherwords I'd have a bar running across as they would weld it to them. The bad thing is these are not designed to do more than hold the car down in transit across the Pacific. If you put too much weight on them it'll cause frame rail damage.

U-haul said they could have one custom made. I gave them a deposit and 6 months later had to fight with em to get it back.

Reese or Drawtite offered to make one if I took the car to their plant in Canada and wait a few days. Cost was like $800.

Your best option would be to have one fabricated locally at a welding shop if they will do it. A lot won't simply out of liablity. Might wanna call around. Only issue is there isn't much room from the rear bumper to the muffler.

Oh yeah, how do ya like that Triumph??? Not a big fan of the sport bike variety but have been lusting over a Legand, Adventurer and esp the new Bonnie for years now. Just want the price to be a little more like my Honda.