View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Re: R.I.P. Grandpa Mckibbon

Both of mine are still kickin, although my grandpa on my dad's side has dementia/alzheimer's and I doubt he would even know who I was. He lived with us my whole life, when we moved to Oregon we got him and my grandma an apartment in town, where they lived until 96 when she passed away, and then he moved back in with us. He got to the point where he couldn't remember what he did 5 minutes ago and we couldn't provide him the level of care that he needed, so he moved back to Pennsylvania and lives in a nursing home outside of Reading where my aunt works, he's still mobile and everything else works fine, just his memory is shot, and he'll be 92 in June!

I dunno what'd be worse though, having your grandfather be dead, or having him still be alive but not remember who you are or anything.

Sorry for your loss, but he's in a better place now. Still sucks, but you'll get to see him again someday.
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta