Thread: Running Rough
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to ykobayashi
Registered SVX
Rough Idle w/ CEL

Gents,

Getting in on this thread a bit late but I was hoping that someone might have some good advice. I have a '95 L with 57k on the odometer and I am having a very similar issue.

The car is hard to turn over, (I recently changed out the battery for a Sears DieHard Gold) once it catches it runs roughly, both engine fans run and I have a CEL. If I try to push the accelerator before it warms up the engine sputters then stops. Once the car has a few minutes to warm up and I rev the engine a bit (3,000 RPM) the CEL starts to blink a couple times then goes off completely. The fans stop and the car drives normally.

If I park it and come back to it about an hour or so later its fine. However, if I park it for a few hours or more the car is back running rough.

Some important background on the car. The car is my "garage queen" and normally I put less than 1000 miles per year on it so it does do a lot of sitting around. She comes out only on sunny days in the summer. I am the first and only owner so I know that a vast majority of the car is stock as I have purposely not done an major modification.

Things that I have done: I just recently changed out the factory plugs with NGK Iridium plugs (it was running fine afterwards this problem came up several months after the plug install). I tried disconnecting the battery for a few days and reconnected it with no luck.

Its a '95 so I know I don't have OBD II so I can't have the guys at Autozone scan it. I can start changing more parts but I feel that the problem could be anywhere. I would appreciate any constructive advice that anyone could give. In the meantime I'm going to try putting in some Techron Injector Cleaner and see what that does.

Thanks!

Yoshi

[B]1995 SVX L AWD - Original Owner
65k - Brilliant Red
Mods: K&N Drop In Filter, Sony aftermarket CD/MP3 Stereo and Speakers, Sumitomo HTR+ Tires

2004 Mazda 6S 5-door - Steel Grey - 5 speed manual transmission - Daily Driver

2011 Mazda CX-9 - Wife's ride