Thread: Running Rough
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by techy101
My SVX seems to be running more roughly than it used to. It's seeming to have a bit of trouble turning over some of the time. Like I have to crank for quite a while. And when it's first fired up it feels a bit like it wants to stall. It doesn't, but it does shake the whole care pretty good.

As soon as you give it gas it seems to calm down, until it comes back to idle. After about 5 minutes it pretty much settles down. Also, it seems to be somewhat low on power.

I changed out all the fluids, and re-checked that they're all at the right levels. I'd swapped out the water pump and had to take off the timing belt. I believe that I got it on correctly, but if I had it off by a tiny tiny bit could it cause these symptoms?? Or could that or the alternator belt being to tight cause it??
ok to answer your questions first... no if your timing belt was off a tooth it would run very rough and have little to no power at any engine speed... remember mechinical things are very consistant when they fail. if i alternator belt was too tight then the engine wouldnt run any diffrent (keeping in mind im excluding extreme cases) but one of the bearings for your pullies would fail prematurely. it sounds you could have any number of things wrong with your car so we can start with is your check engine light on?
need work done? Have tools will travel