Thread: ecu stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
And all this time we have been blindly crushing that noise supressor thinking it was the culprit to our lag problems, when it was this poor coding all along. So does your code bump up the fuel a bit more than stock? This looks like a great mod, especially with the option to run 87 or 89 gas on a normal basis.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname
They are slow to register the rush of air that comes in when the throttle is opened far and fast. In order to overcome this limitation there is a seperate fuel enrichment based on the throttle position sensor to stop the car from going too lean when the accelerator is floored. It uses a table to look up and add a set # of milliseconds of fuel injector pulse width according to the tps voltage. The #'s in this table are ballpark #'s since they are based on throttle position and not actual air mesaurements so in some conditions they result in the afr being a little richer than was planned and in other conditions a little leaner. Because the SVX is already nastily lean from the factory when the throttle enrichment isn't enough and the afr goes even leaner the power loss jumps from bad to terrible. I drive an SVX myself so I know about this intermittant lag all too well and I'm sure you do too. We shouldn't just pretend like there aren't times when we press the gas and the car just kind of sits there for a second before it does anything.