Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2001, 06:36 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Re: Re: Thanks RW

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Whiiisshhh, whiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr, bloop! Reel and pull, reel and pull, reel and pull . . . .
Now, now, Aredub, those were legitimate questions. Go back to the start of the thread and take a gander...SVX master tech said that he hadn't had a chance to read any posts yet, but then he explained the (non-existant) "passive" AWS was only on 1992 SVX's. How could he have known we had been having a little to do about that if he hadn't read any posts? And there is no such thing as an SVX master tech, at least not in my experience, and I worked on Subaru's until 1999, two years after they were out of production. That would be like me saying I was an outback master tech...no such thing. To get *Subaru Senior Master Tech* status you have to pass all the Subaru core courses and have all eight ASE certifications. There is also the 941, (or 951, my mind's going away) course, that is the advanced class to get you up to snuff.

Now, you and I have had our differences, but I don't think asking questions of someone that says he is a SVX master tech, and owns 3 SVX's is being rude. My senior master plaque and the pictures of my 1 SVX are on file at the yahoo site. And I did ask nicely didn't I?