View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Auckland - Time for a meetup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Great pictures guys, thanks for sharing.

I've got to say that red car looks so eye catching when the paint is up to the mark.

Ron in California [who is a closet red geek ] knows I'm not so fond of solid reds or solid purples because they are so devastatingly prone to sun fade. But that's a very genuine "Arrest me!" red. Nice one Steve.

And Alex seems to have landed himself a nice motor. I think I'm right in saying it's an S4 by the look of the seats? That will really shape up when he gets the polish out. Congratulations.

And Marcus. The definitive S4 on the Network. Cool, man, lovely car.

That's also a nice little MX5 of Trevor's. I believe they have a lot of Lotus Elan in their gene pool, that's why they have been popular so long. Nice car. Is it a 1.6 or 1.8? You have pop-up headlamps so it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure Paddles has one of those. There is a neat supercharger kit for them that brings the power to weight up to a decent level. Great little car.

Joe
Kia ora Joe,

My MX5 is a 1.8 and the last of the series with chassis stiffening etc. I chose it over the later models for good reason. It is stock standard and I can assure you that the power to weight ratio is sufficient to render it quite quick if driven seriously. In no way am I interested in maximum straight line performance. I have fitted a smaller steering wheel and modified the driving position. The tyres and wheels are standard size, because they provide the best handling on give and take roads.

The photo caption "non-sports car" has been inserted above, because that was my grizzle during lunch. The stupid forward mounted sloping windscreen pillars, block the view of tight corners and when having fun this is a serious limiting factor. The tyres on it are as purchased and are hard compound cheap rubbish, but add to the entertainment as it skates around nicely on a dry road, so have been retained.

Yes Paddles has one, which I understand he brought back from Japan. He has two or three interesting Japanese cars.

It has always been my opinion that the SVX is basically an old mans car, and I have not changed that view.

P.S. I will leave the added wing in the guess what basket for the time being. LOL.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 04-26-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: P.S. Added