View Single Post
Old 06-05-2001, 09:18 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Power Steering (not O-Ring)

Quote:
Originally posted by FlagstaffSVX
I keep hearing that the O-Ring fix is a "way to solve all your power steering problems." I've read posts that say it will stop the leaks and puddles of PS fluid on your driveway as well as help your PS pump when your car is at low speeds. It also cures jock itch and laziness. Could someone clear this stuff up and possibly submit it to the FAQ? See, my problem is the underassist when at low speeds but I've never seen a puddle of PS fluid except for the dried stuff that always ends up on top of the resevior tank and I can smell it burning under high acceleration. (which has nothing to do with any of the symptoms that showed up in the first 120 posts at the Wahoo! board) I don't ask for help (as in a direct fix) so much as somebody puts in their $.02 because it's really confusing. (yeah, confusing, that's what I want, someone to lift the great cloud of confusion from my smog ridden head)
Oh, and a few "specifics." I can't remember if I read it in the owner's or the service manual, but, some fluid will be pushed out of the cap on the tank under heavy acceleration. It's normal.

And, the o-ring fix does not cure laziness. Believe me. I've done it, and I'm STILL lazy.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI