View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 10:44 PM
CGLathrop

My Choice

After being stationed in Germany for 4 years I grew very fond of the Riesling Spatlese and Auslese from the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. There was a couple of growers that we would visit often and buy directly from them. One was in the town of Mehring, his last name was Sabastiani. The other was in Thornich, and had the last name of Ludwig. Both were excellent. The wines from Sabastiani tended to be a little more fruity, and the ones from Ledwig had a little bit of a cleaner/crisp taste.

Once I got back to the states I had a hard time finding ones that I liked as much as the ones I had been getting in Germany. I did find one from Idaho.. Yes.. Idaho.. that was very close. It was Ste. Chapelle Winery.

I am not much of a fan of red wine, but I do like some of the red zins. Rancho Zabaco Dancing Bull is one that I can think of that I like. It has a bit of a peppery taste with a lto of zip.

Unfortunatly being stuck in Ankara until July 1st my choices are limited. I have tried a couple of the Turkish wines, but they are not up to par with the Germans.

Chris