View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
[QUOTE=b3lha]Thanks Harvey, you're a star. Your wiring diagram shows 11/B66 taking input from 6/B68. This is the same pin where the JDM TCU takes it's VSS2 input. I have a strong feeling that the JDM and Aussie TCUs are the same part, but wired differently. Out of pure curiousity, I'm going to have a look at the wiring on my JDM cars. I'm wondering whether it's possible to trigger the Econ mode (which is not present on JDM cars) by grounding 4/B66 as per your Aussie wiring diagram. I'll also look at how the JDM power mode button is wired and see whether it's possible to add a Power mode button to Aussie SVXes without frigging the TPS signal.QUOTE]

Hi Phil, don't know about a star, but my twinkle still works.

Yes they could be the same. The difference routing of the speed signal is probably due to the difference in the number of pulses that the two different sensors give. The US/JDM is 4 pulses per wheel rev. The Aussie has the final drive gear reduction of 3.7 between the sensor and the wheel rotation. So I think it is fed into the TCU to convert the sine wave inductive signal, into the square wave signal, divided by the 3.7 difference, before going to the speedo.

I have noticed the Economy circuit in the book, but it is not fitted with a switch in my model. I guess a switch could be fitted to operate it. The Power mode would be worth a try, to see if it would operate it my model. The Liberty that we have has the PM switch on the lever. I would be interested to see if I could fit it, it would be good to use in the twisties.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.